- GC is back from Istanbul and more curmugeonly than ever.
- Don't think this point form post is just me slacking off the hard graft of sewing long, intricately clausal sentences together.
- Oh no.
- It's punchy.
- Or as the Art Director used to say 'panchy'.
- But then, she was Italian.
- Istanbul is great.
- You can smoke tobacco there, from a bong, even if you gave up smoking like three years ago.
- It's traditional.
- You can have your calf muscles soaped up and manipulated by a wiry old man with a moustache and incredibly hard thumbs.
- Their idealised feminine silhouette is wastey-hippy.
- And yet, kebabs?
- Like Parisians, river-dwelling, sensualist, so good at cooking they've even made innards delicious.
- You can haggle there. They like it.
- Can't recommend it enough.
- I've discovered something I really don't like though, and that's genre-straddling covers of third rate pop songs. Ok, cover 'Smoke gets in your eyes' or 'Mona' or something. There's no need to produce a mambo version of 'Clocks'. There's enough shit in the world without recourse to U2's 'Elevation' played on balalaika. Jeezus. I'm trying to smoke a bong here.
- Probably not going to give up this blog.
- Probably starting a new one to run concurrently.
Monday, September 07, 2009
Not Voodoo: new and improved
Posted by william at 11:09 pm